We want today's talent and tomorrow's leaders! We are searching for extraordinary and passionate people that are coach-able, love to have fun, and yet are internally driven to pursue and achieve dreams. The Team Member is responsible for providing timely, accurate, positive, engaging and friendly guest service. They will be responsible for preparing quality food products and keeping the restaurant clean, pleasant and safe for all guests and employees. Team Members are instrumental parts of the team that grow the business through repeat guests, increased sales and profitability. All Team Members must work well in a fast-paced, and create a positive, fun environment.
Hogwood BBQ is a new fast casual restaurant brand serving our guests artisan smoked meats. We believe that the soul of barbecue is in the fire and our team. Using only the finest meats and freshest ingredients, along with signature sauces and rubs, award-winning Hogwood BBQ offers handcrafted, artisan smoked meats and signature sides in a fun, positive and passionate environment. Hogwood BBQ was founded in 2014 by Michael Marsee. The mission of Hogwood BBQ is "to inspire passionate people to serve great BBQ and exceed expectations every time." Along with providing the best BBQ and elevating the guest service experience in the BBQ sector, Hogwood is committed to making a positive difference in the communities it serves.
The Hogwood BBQ of Cool Springs is the inaugural location for the brand and is locally owned and operated by Emily Yamanaka.
Essential Job Functions:
- Models and encourages Hogwood BBQ values and has a deep appreciation and joy of working with people.
- Consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction via high energy, and sets an example of guest engagement by building lasting relationships.
- Is of high integrity and treats all Team Members with honesty, respect, and dignity.
- Demonstrate outstanding hospitality throughout each and every shift with guests, managers and co-workers
- Demonstrates teamwork at every opportunity and contributes to an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication
- Works assigned position(s) accurately and productively; cleans and stocks the assigned area(s); performs other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all guests receive hot, quality pizzas; prepares packages and delivers all products according to Menu Standards.
- Is completely focused on and driven by the guest.
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regulars
- Record food/drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the point of sale system
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable) accurately. Ensures adherence to comp/void and discounting policy and procedure
- Suggestively up sells when options exist on food items
- Clear tables in dining area immediately upon guests departure
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding all items
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant including but not limited to counters, sinks and storage areas
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to restaurant manager on duty
- Maintains a safe working environment and reports any safety issues to management immediately
- Handles all food products according to company procedures; follows all company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of guests and employees.
- Able to perform/pass a product quality /knowledge check as required by management and maintains company specifications on all food and beverage items at all times
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge and Skill Required
- Enrollment in high school: high school diploma or equivalent is preferable
- Working in a full service / fast casual restaurant a plus
- Excellent verbal and people interaction skills required
- Must be pass station/position certifications at the completion of the training period
- Outstanding hospitality and team working skills required
- Energetic and friendly demeanor maintained at all times
- Treats all guests, co-workers, managers and vendors with respect
- Problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities. Must be able to draw on operations experience and knowledge of Hogwood procedures to recommend appropriate solutions to all guest, food and beverage situations. Judgment demonstrated must never compromise Hogwood standards, repeat business or integrity of the brand.
Must be available to work a variety of opens and closes including weekends and holidays. Closing shifts may require Team Members to stay as late as one hour or more after store closing. Age is dependent on state law, company policy and position held. Team Members must have reliable transportation to work and reliable method of communicating with the restaurant.
Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 40-50 lbs. comfortably. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and stoop and work long hours. Vision abilities to include: distance, close, color, depth, peripheral as well as the ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a computer and other productivity tools such as: calculator, copy machine and computer printer, cash register. Must be able to work around heat and work in close quarters as well as with various cleaning products.
Language, math and reasoning skills
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to other employees and managers. Ability to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to perform office computer functions (Point of Sales etc) on a daily basis. Ability to understand policies and procedures and to adhere and enforce the same.